Through the financial support of the University of Missouri Provost’s office, the Assessment Resource Center (ARC) provides scanning, scoring, and reporting of classroom tests for instructors of MU courses. Answer sheets, course identification sheets, and key sheets can be picked up at the ARC campus office, located in 112 Townsend Hall. After test administration, instructors need to complete the required documents and return them with the completed answer sheets to the ARC campus office.
To use this service, MU instructors must setup an account with ARC by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your campus email address, your name, and your department name. ARC will link your Pawprint to our system, and you will receive a confirmation email.
Call ARC at 573-882-4694 if you do not receive your account information within 2 business days.
Documents for successful scoring:
- Course ID sheet(s)
- Key sheet(s)
- Weight sheet(s) - optional
- Student Answer sheet(s)
Answer sheets brought to the ARC campus office by 12:00 noon will have results available to the instructor by 4 p.m. of the same day via the ARC Classroom Testing website (classroom.missouri.edu). For complete instructions please read: ARC Guide for Processing Classroom Tests(pdf)
Answer sheets submitted after 12:00 noon will be processed and made available the following day.
Our classroom testing website allows you to generate the following reports:
- Roster - A quick overview including student's name, identifier, test name, and score.
- Summary - A summary of overall examination information including number of examinees, number of scored items, minimum and maximum score (possible, and obtained), mean, standard deviation, and other statistics.
- Score Distribution - A frequency graph of scores over the possible range.
- Item Info - Detailed information on each test item, including counts for each possible alternative, and overall performance information for the item.
- Mermac Analysis - An evaluation model developed to aid classroom instructors in more effectively teaching a course by providing basic data upon which to make judgments about student abilities, course attitudes, grade distributions, test appropriateness, etc. The MERMAC system was designed so that each instructor could obtain the data in a usable format and also be able to provide quick feedback to the students taking an examination.
- Individual Student Reports – Full-page or half-page individual performance reports intended for distribution to students.
- Raw Data Download – Raw scored data file useful for further analysis in a spreadsheet or statistical package.
- Blackboard Download – Formatted data file suitable for importing into MU Blackboard.
- Canvas Download - Formatted data file suitable for importing into Canvas. For Canvas import instructions, click here. (Opens in another window.)
If you need other services beyond those provided by the free service, please contact ARC at 573-882-4694 or via email at email@example.com to discuss possible options and costs.